Friday, April 30, 2010

The Fame Life

This is just a song I'm working on. I need a chorus so it's not completely done. It's just talking about a fame life that I wouldn't want.


Stage set - lights flash - crowd cheering
Backstage is chaos
The crowd is deafening
I'm at a loss
A silence pleading

Cameras click - pictures held - pens demanding
A crew wires my odd attire
Strangers surround my red carpet ride
Here I am getting everything I don't desire
"Fame is everything"....they lied

Warm ups - outfits organized - choreography refreshing
Microphone thrust to my face
Guitar strapped to my back
I'm next on stage trying to escape this place
Scolded for what decorum I lack

Hot temperature - sound check - agent ordering
I'm close to tears
The lights are blinding
Stop the fame in my young years
"This was your dream"-don't remind me

Body guards - hands up - fans screaming
Fill my lungs to extend my voice
I wonder if anyone can understand
The song I sing tells my limited choice
And the privacy they reprimand

Billboards - lead guest - cell phones waving
Exit the stage off to the right
Me and my fake smile
Ducking out of the camera's sight
Protecting the image that's not worth while

Interviews - magazine covers - press questioning
Day after day and night after night
The blur of my name I barely recognize
The paparazzi win every fight
The cautions I'm forced to exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment