Friday, April 30, 2010

Everyone Has a Story

The moon shines down on my tear streaked face
As I recollect memories all too often concieved as fate
The past seems to haunt me
My future sickenly daunting

And it's so dishearting when people like you
Come along and break me; change my tune
You insensibly stare from inside your perfect shield
But you could never understand the pain which has been sealed

So don't tell me I don't know what I'm saying
When I used to spend all hours of the night praying
Hoping, wishing, dreaming that someday things would change
That soon my life would just somehow rearrange

Do you know what it's like to spend your nights alone?
To feel so lost , to wish you had a home?
Do you know what it's like to wander in the slums?
With no other desire than to know when your next meal's gonna come?
We come from two different worlds and that's the real fact
You slept with a teddy bear while I slept with a bat
You dealt with drama when I dealt with drugs
You put up with teachers and I put up with thugs
Do you know what it's like to spend your days afraid?
To want to pull your life together and say you've got it made?
Try not to judge, because the way your acting proves no
I'm trying move on and painlessly let it go

Everyone you meet will have a different story
So change perspectives now, show some empathy
Pain is not a crime
It's only an emotion that passes over time

Just always remember, no matter what your story is...
Laugh last - push past
Pursue - be you
Take your dream intact
And don't look back
Don't dwell on the past, instead learn
So go on, now it's your turn

No comments:

Post a Comment