Friday, May 14, 2010

The Last Dance

Here's my first draft...tell me honestly if it looks like something Justin Bieber would write. I might cry, but it's okay as long as you're honest ;) I am in the process of writing a new one anyways. :)


I'm standing here alone
I came here all on my own
Not a friend by my side
And this I've never tried

I stare out on the floor
Partners locked in perfect form
Dressed in black and white
I turn to keep out of sight

That's when I see his hand
I slowly understand
He looks into my eyes
And says, "May this dance be mine?"

But tell me, what if I give
My one last dance to you?
Do you promise I'll remember
The night that I surrendered
All my love?
Tell me, what if I save
My only last dance for you?
Do you promise it will last?
Don't let the moment go to fast
In this last dance

I don't know what to say
No one's ever looked at me this way
The world is spinnin' round
So I stare without a sound

I look deep into his eyes
His sincerity blows my mind
No one wants to be alone
But, even so, I just don't know

I try and imagine what it's like
Being hand in hand all night
With the slow music all around
My melted heart allows my brain to drown

So tell me, what if I give
My one last dance to you?
Do you promise I'll remember
The night that I surrendered
All my love?
Tell me, what if I save
My only last dance for you?
Do you promise it will last?
Don't let the moment go to fast
In this last dance

Nothing but the music playing
I watch him patiently waiting
Hand is still outstretched
Somehow it feels too far-fetched

I give my head a quick shake no
Push his hand away and go
But on my way out the doors
I look back and want to be on those floors

I'm sitting here alone
In the closet of my home
I cannot understand
Why I never took his hand

I wonder, what if I'd saved
My one last dance for you?
Would you have gone nice and slow?
Would you have never let me go?
I'll never know
I wonder, what if I gave
My only last dance to you?
Would you have done everything
To keep the promises you bring?
In that last dance

I stroll the lonely roads
My burden's such a load
I missed my only chance
To take his hand and dance

I sit under the streetlight
Wish I'd let him hold me tight
I look up and see
Him smiling at me

He holds out his hand
Says "I'll be in your command"
I rise to my feet
And even though there's no beat

He says
I promise if you give
Your one last dance to me
That I'll never tear you apart
I'll protect your fragile heart
If only you save
Your only last dance for me
I'll never leave your side
Swear I'll never make you cry
If only you would give
Your one and only last dance to me

No comments:

Post a Comment