Friday, April 30, 2010

God's Perspective

A thousand years in one day
Could I decide which way
I steer every child for good or for bad
Each wishing for something they never had

I, with so much power
I send men to a cower
But listening to each earnest prayer
Send blessings galore to his personal lair

Each day I watch from above
Trying to get you to accept my love
But you with wet cheeks push me away
I guess I'll try again some other day

I see you in pain
So I send the rain
Hoping it'll comfort
the soul that's distort

My hand is extended as far as it'll go
Waiting for you: another no-show
My eyes are pleading
I know deep down you're bleeding

But once again I get turned down
Listening to your whimpers - the sorrowing sound
I'm becoming desperate for you to find me
Hoping you'll not refuse to see

I will always be here
When you are in fear
You're sick of all the pain
I know you each by name

I feel your sorrow, hurt when you're sad
I know your turmoil, ache when you're mad
But the thing that hurts me more than I can bear
Knowing I can help you if you'll open up share

You can put an end to all the wrong
If you let me I'll be the one to lean on
All you need to do is forever be trusting
You're not alone, and I'll be waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment