Sunday, May 23, 2010

Digging Graves

Another day wasted
Life has become tasteless
Another minute gone by
A new reason to cry 

I'm not supposed to be here
I silently wait for tears
Alone in this chapel pew
Lights off, and there's my cue

I stand and go
Hoping they'll never know
That everytime they lie
I die a little more inside

[Chorus]
How to continue when
Your eyes are wet but the tears won't fall
Your heart has broken with no one to call
You slowly fall apart
With all these holes in your heart
How to continue when 
You're digging one more grave
For another piece of your soul you cannot save

I wish you would fix me
You're everything I want to be
Find my scattered pieces
And comfort my uneases

I want to confide in you
But can never find the strength to 
I tell you a lot but not all
Yet I still expect you to break my fall

I'm sorry it's hard to love me
I always argue and never agree
But if you left me, forever gone
I would surely die before dawn

[Chorus]
I don't know how to continue when
My eyes are wet but the tears won't fall
My heart is broken but I've no one to call
When I slowly fall apart
With all these holes in my heart
I don't know how to continue when
I'm digging one more grave
For another piece of my soul I cannot save

[Bridge]
I watch them dig 
See the graves grow big
They all know how to stop
But determined to bury to the top
I've come to a conclusion
That it's all pure illusion
And I think the world
Each and every boy and girl 
Enjoys digging graves
For the piece of thier soul they so desperately hate  

I will not go down 
I'm not one of the crowd
I will stand and fight
Whether or not you think I'm right

Watch me save my soul
While you dig another hole
I sometimes might fail
But my heart will prevail

I will never die out
Living life without a doubt
I don't enjoy digging graves 
For the pieces of me I can save

[Chorus]
You can continue when
Your eyes are wet but the tears won't fall
Your heart is broken with no one to call
When you slowly fall apart
With all these holes your heart
You don't have to dig another grave
For the piece of your soul you think you cannot save
   

 
 





 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment